Winnie Johnson "The Largest Human On Earth, or Ever Was On Earth"
Winnie was advertised as the "largest human on earth, or ever was on earth." Born a slave in 1839, Winnie was raised in Henry County, Kentucky and up until the year 1885 had never traveled more than about 8 miles from home. When Winnie, still a slave, was married and became "Winnie Johnson" she weighed a very normal 125 pounds. But by the time she was 28 years old she was up to 336 pounds and by 35, she reached 401 pounds. At the age of 36 she was 511 pounds and by 42, she weighed 635 pounds. By this time Winnie’s size left her little choice but to sit and sleep on the floor.
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)