Big Feet, Big Hands, Too Many Fingers
This category is a catchall for lots of unusual appendages. Performers such as Fanny Mills and Sylvia most likely had Milroy disease, a condition that affects the normal function of the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system produces and transports fluids and immune cells throughout the body. Impaired transport with accumulation of lymph fluid can cause swelling (lymphedema ).
Others with extra fingers and toes were products of genetic mutation. Today many of these cases are treatable through drugs or surgery.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (6)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (56)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?