Under the magnifying glass fleas dressed as Don Quixote and Sancho Panza mounted tiny paper horses, and jousted with tiny lances. Troupes of fleas harnessed by metathorax to tiny chariots, cinched to wire leashes and trained to ride bicycles, walk the tightrope, dance to flea orchestras, and even pan for gold. For 200 years captive living fleas fed on their flea trainers, who through understanding of their natural aptitude, taught them to no longer jump up, but to jump forward and manipulate objects put into their claws.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
Performers in this category
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?