Why ODDBALLS? Well, you could just as easily call them outsiders or eccentrics. These are the certain class of performers whose very act/performance consisted of courting the image of eccentricity. It was not necessary that they acted strange-- or even that they had an act at all. There was a time in the distant past when the mere essence of these folks passing through your town elicited entertainment in the form of simple curiosity and wonder. And they got paid by selling souvenirs like the ones below.
A-No.1 Champion Tramp
Osca The Snake Fiend
Prof. H.A. Tipper
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (6)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (56)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)