Torture Shows made money off the public's desire to see what in Paris in the 1860's was called Grand Guignol, but in 1950's, 60's and 70's America was "blood and guts" showmanship displaying things one could not see on television or the movies.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?