Taken at face value, hairy people enjoyed a higher esteem and fascination than nearly any category of freak performers. In their rarest form, hypertrichosis, they provide some of the most spectacular images of anomalous human beings we have. Perhaps the most famous of the hairy people, "JoJo The Dog-Faced Boy" has entered the lexicon, and become a phrase in the English language that signifies freakishness and wonder.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
Performers in this category
- Alice Doherty
- Belle Carter
- Captain Rudolf Ivanovich
- Colon T. Updike "Boy With The Horse's Mane"
- Grace Gilbert
- Irma Loustau
- Jo Jo "The Russian Dog-Faced Boy"
- Julia Pastrana
- Lionel "The Lion Faced Boy"
- Madame Howard
- Mademoiselle Darwina
- Percilla Bejano
- The Sacred Hairy Family of Burmah
- Su Kong T’ai Djin
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?