Life Shows & Pickled Punk Shows
RIGHT: Illustration from "Transactions of the Medical Society of the State of New York For The Year 1867."
Two-Headed Babies and monstrous births of all kinds preserved in bottles were a mainstay of the show scene from a very early age. Lou Dufour made a career (and a fortune) by gussying up the pickled punk show into his famed "LIFE Show" beginning in the 1930s. Captain Henry Boswell did the same in the 1940s, 50's and 60s.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?