Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
The Hecklers are arguably the most famous family in fleas since Signor Bertolotto. William Heckler, born in 1870, started in show business as a circus strong man with shows like John Robinson, Sells Brothers Circus and Adam Forepaugh. In approximately 1901 William took over an Orlando, Florida Flea Theater, hanging up his strongman's tights forever. In 1915 Heckler published his often copied pamphlet PULI-COLOGY which explained the science of training fleas, and was sold at his shows for many years.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (13)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?