Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
Arthur J. (A.J.) Murphy, born in 1867, was a quadruple amputee who lost his limbs to frostbite in what has come to be known as "The Schoolhouse Blizzard" (or the "Schoolchildren's Blizzard")-- an unusually severe freak storm that hit the Plains States on January 12, 1888 and claimed the lives of 235 people, many of them schoolchildren. Caught in the blinding weather, the 21 year old Murphy narrowly survived 36 hours outdoors near the village of Elkhorn, Manitoba.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?