New York Museum of Anatomy
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
Like its European predecessors, The New York Museum of Anatomy displayed both actual sensational anatomical specimens, as well as wax and papier-mâché models. First opening in 1863-- as The Parisian Cabinet of Wonders & Anatomy-- the museum initially was located at 618 Broadway, between Houston and Bleecker. The museum later moved to 760 Broadway in 1871.
Associated Member Images
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)