Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
Lala Coolah was one of the earliest "Half-Man, Half-Woman" acts, first appearing in dime museums in 1895. His real name was Frank Fuller, and in his 35 year career in the business he played nearly every kind of show there was, in nearly every part of the country. His act was a sensation from the beginning, and Coolah led a life of great successes and wild romances.
Coolah appears from the one full length photo of him to have had a stunted leg. This smaller leg may represent the origin of the female half of his body.
(to be continued)
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?