John T. Owens
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
From Elizabeth Anderson:
"John Timothy Owens was born in Pattonsburg, Missouri, on October 28, 1865, one of twelve children born to Nicholas Owens and Mary Ann O'Keefe. As an "Armless Wonder", he played he banjo, xylophone, guitar, and mandolin. He was married to Matilda Fry and had three children. He died in DeKalb County, Missouri, in March 1918."
From "The Salt Lake Herald," January 12, 1892:
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?