Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
William "Delno" Sherman Fritz was born in 1875 in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania. Previously he was thought to be the sword-swallower in two Tod Browning Films-- "Freaks" (1932) and "The Unholy Three" (1925). Since he died on July 14, 1925 in Ashley, Pennsylvania it is unlikely it was him who appeared in the 1932 "Freaks." Most likely it was Alex Linton. IMDB and several other website incorrectly list Delno as "Delmo."
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?