To-Ya (Tom Jack) and His Ice Family
This wonderful pitchcard, European (probably English), with a non-postcard back, features Tom Jack and 5 children, all appearing to be albinos. Tom Jack, born Karl Breu in what is now the Czech Republic, had appeared in about 1900 as an Albino Houdini imitator, who was by all accounts a very good performer. Beginning in the late-1920's and into the 1930's he played England, and Northern and Eastern Europe, where he billed himself and his children as Icelandic, and called themselves "Eismenschen" (Ice People).
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (13)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?