Unusual Victor-Victoria "Half-Man, Half-Woman" Edward Kelty Photo
Rare image and format (11x14) photo by Edward J. Kelty of the American Flashlight Co. The portrait is of "double-sexed" person Victor Victoria, a somewhat obscure "Half-andHalf" who nonetheless inspired, at least in name, the well-know Dustin Hoffman film. The details found in this portrait encompass the whole of this genre of performer, including the "divided down the center" costume that exposes on the right side the manly hairy chest and arm with leather band, in contrast to the elegant womanly details in the rest of the portrayal.
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?