Tomaso "Human Pincushion"
* Top 100 *
Incredibly striking and rare portrait of "Tomaso"-- identified by the metal filigreed pin on his custom velvet pincushion, which is covered in pins stuck into its surface. Italian Signor Tomaso was a well-known practitioner of the pointed art, variously performing under the title "Human Dagger," allowing suspender buttons to be sewed to his chest and cheeks. Written on verso in pencil: "Tamassa [sic], Neadle [sic] King, B&B Show, 1899."
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?