Roving Frank's Band of English Romany Gypsies Tradecard
3.25 x 5.25 Tradecard for the Eden Musee wax museum in Philadelphia advertising a troupe of Gypsies offering palm readings. This rarer pictorial advertising card for a show at the Olympia Eden Musee in Philadelphia ("a respectable resort for respectable people") has a "hidden figures" puzzle on one side; the other side advertises free palm readings. Traveling "mitt camps" were common in the latter part of the 19th Century, though normally they did not work the dime museum circuit. Based in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Frank B. Hubin (Oct.
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?