Punch & Judy at Herzog's Dime Museum
This tradecard features Punch & Judy wishing a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to patrons of the Baltimore dime museum that was opened by Daniel Herzog on September 22, 1884. Opening week featured the "Wonderful Steam-Walking Man" (an early robot), Mrs. Tom Thumb, the Mexican Midget ("Weighing four and one-half pounds"-- Lucia Zarate?). On verso: "The People's Pleasure Palace....Merry Monkeys, Tropical Birds, Huge Serpents, A cUrious Congress of Curiosities....And the ever welcome Humpty Dumpty."
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?