In this famed, often reproduced 1933 image we have both pathos and true sadness. J.P. Morgan was taken aback when tiny Lya Graf with Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus was put on his lap by circus press agent, Charles Leef during a break in hearings of a 1933 Senate Banking and Currency Committee. Morgan had been summoned to appear before them to testify about what they viewed as very suspect banking practices.
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (13)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?