Knabenshue's Airship At Brockton Fair
Fabulously unreal cigar-shaped balloon with pilot in dark profile over strangely gray landscape of house and trees. Is the image manipulated or not? Augustus Roy Knabenshue piloted the first successful dirigible in America at the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904. Knabenshue later flew airplanes and was hired as manager of the "Wright Brothers’ Traveling Exhibition" team. "Photo by D.T. Burrell."…… See http://brocktonmagenealogy.tripod.com/search/feb02.html for more info on Augustus Knabenshue.
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?