Elizabeth Green, "The Stork Woman" (or Koo Koo), 1936
This image of Elizabeth Green in her "feathered" bird costume, including bird-footed shoes, taken in front of a strange painted backdrop and fringed table looks as if it is from a magic show rather than the sideshow, leading one to believe she may have performed some tricks during her appearance in the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus sideshow when this was taken in 1936. On: verso: Signed on the back "Betty, Koo Koo The Bird Girl, Ringling Bros. Circus, 1936"-- the handwriting matched from another of her pitchcards from 1920 (see #3055).
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?