Diavolo "Human Salamander"
Extraordinary image of a fire act with performer named Diavolo who wears a devil costume and sports a 20-inch tongue. Written on the top in pen: "Geo. skillengen[?], Union, Colo." This performer should not be confused with the more famous performer named Diavolo (Robert Benjamin Vandervoort) who had a loop-the-loop bicycle act. On verso: Artura stampbox (1906-1912).
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (13)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?