Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
Known as "Lionette, The Lion Girl" and often mistaken for Krau Farini, Doris Gutterman appeared at Coney Island at The World Circus Sideshow for close to 15 years beginning in the 1920's. Lionette also appeared with the Sells-Floto Circus. According to most published bios, she was Jewish, from a Russian family, and born in London...... In November 1925, the venerable theatre chain Loews created a winter attraction called Loews Mighty Indoor Circus and Wild Animal Show which played during the winters of 1925-1928 along with Buster Keaton and other silent films.
Related Archive Photos
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?