Andrew A. Gawley
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
Born in Canada in either 1870 or 1874, Gawley lost both of his arms in a sawmill accident at age 17, at Cape Rich, reportedly on his first day on the job. He was rushed by sleigh to Meaford for medical attention, but his arms had to be amputated. He worked Ripley's Odditoriums in 1930's.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
Alternate Performer Name(s):
"The Steel-Fingered Wonder"
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?