Rubber-Skin, Blue Men, Human Slates
"India Rubber Skin" men (and some women), generally suffered from Ehlers–Danlos Syndrome, an inherited connective tissue disorder that allows the skin to be stretched in different directions. EDS is caused by a defect in the structure, production, or processing of collagen in the skin, and produces dramatic results in those that suffer from the affliction.
Fickling, William Z. "The Human Slate" [blk 0-366]
Haig, "Elastic Skin Man" [ajax101]
Knotty Man, The
Lake, Etta, "Elastic Skin Girl"
Morris, James (also James Maurice & William Maurice) "Elastic Skin Man" [d][e]
Nels Nelson [e]
Roland, F.C. "India Rubber Man"
Rubber Neck Harry [ajax101]
Spanner, Peter "Rubber-Skin" [mm123, ss15]
Schmidt, Agnes C. "Rubber Skinned Woman"
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (6)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (56)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?