William H. Hill
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
Hill liked to be known as a "River-Man," and is most associated with both walking a tightrope over Niagra Falls and riding in barrel over the falls.
He assisted famed Niagra Falls daredevil Jean Lussier who went over the falls in a giant rubber ball in 1928 by recovering the ball below the rapids.
Hill attempted his own feat to "shoot the rapids" below in falls in a barrel in 1931 with limited success. Saved from a whirlpool by his son, William Hill, Jr., the younger Hill was to go on to attempt to go over the falls himself in 1951 with fatal result.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?