Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
As the Great Farini's protege, Lulu had formally been known as Farini's son "El Niño." Lulu made his/her debut in 1870 as a girl acrobat. El Niño was thought to be Farini's son, but was actually Samuel Wasgatt who was "adopted" by Farini. In 1866, they were billed as "Signor Farini and Son, The Flying Wonders." They worked a trapeze and acrobatic act until 1870, when Farini introduced a female acrobat named "Lulu" in place of his "son."
Related Archive Photos
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?