Francies Benton "Male And Female In One"
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
In 1937 the Hugh H. Young of Johns Hopkins University published a volume titled "Genital Abnormalities, Hermaphroditism and Related Adrenal Diseases." Young did not pass judgment on the people he studied, nor did he attempt to coerce into treatment those intersexuals who rejected that option.
Francies Benton, was described in the book as a practicing hermaphrodite, and "had not worried over his condition, did not wish to be changed, and was enjoying life."
Related Archive Photos
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (6)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (56)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?