Anna John Budd
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
William Henry Muldoon was born in Providence, Rhode Island on June 16, 1903. His father Joseph was of Scottish descent and his mother Jennie Brophy was from Connecticut. He worked as an office boy at a piano company at age 16, but soon ran away with the carnival.
Muldoon very successfully appeared as a "Half-and-Half" for 25 years, often called the "The Originator" by other "Half-and-Half" acts that followed him. As "Anna John Budd" she owned many shows, including 10-In-One sideshows, grind shows, and girl shows up through 1950 when she died.
Related Archive Photos
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?