Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
Richard Daniel "Dick" Hilburn (January 15, 1918 - February 24, 1976), was born in Bladenboro, North Carolina. He had no limbs except one arm. He used a custom-made skateboard for moving. He ran his own sideshow with Carl Norwood, also known as "The Frog Boy". There he worked not only a freak, but a tattoo-artist and a billboard-painter too. He had great business sense, and did not hire a showman - he presented himself. During an off-season, he and Carl worked in a diner. Dick even got married to a normal woman, and ran his sideshow till his death in June of 1971, when he was 53 years old.
Related Archive Photos
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (59)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (14)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?