- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
Fanny Mills "The Ohio Big Foot Girl" is shown here in this rare Cabinet Card by Kennett of Colorado. Fanny suffered from Milroy’s Disease, and in this photo we see her with one of her custom shoes on, and one of her shoes off propped up to show the sole. Fanny was born in 1860 in Sandusky, Ohio. She began her career in 1885 in New York at The Bowery Museum. Her reported marriage in 1886 to Theodore Griffin was occasioned by a supposed offer-- most probably spurious-- of a $5000 cash dowry and a farm in Ohio. When Fanny died in 1899 in Perkins, Ohio her obituary named her Mrs. Fannie Brown, wife of William L. Brown.