Skeets Hubbard Tows A Wagon With His Eyelids
8x10 Photo. This photo show Skeets doing his act-- i.e. pulling a wagon on which sits his wife with his eyelids. The photos shows what is probably the interior of the John Hix's "Strange As It Seems" sideshow at the NY World's Fair of 1939, and is autographed "To my good friend Paul McWilliams....R.H. Skeets Hubbard." On verso is written in the same hand: "When you are as old as I am Paul, I hope you are as good a man as I am 'Skeets,' If you ever need a freind don't fail to call on me"
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (10)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (11)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists, Mindreaders (13)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (11)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?