Elizabeth Green, "The Stork Woman" (or Koo Koo), 1928
This well-executed and affecting image of Betty Green, billed here as "Koo Koo," reveals the intelligence in her face, belying the often written view that she was somehow mentally deficient. On the verso of this card she signs "Koo Koo The Bird Girl, Sells Floto Circus, 1928 [?], age 21." The handwriting is matched from all of her other pitchcards, and the card appears to be from the same session as #1322 which is more clearly dated.
Become a member today to see the image(s) below in full resolution color. In addition, you'll gain access to detailed info on each performer and image in the collection.
- DIME MUSEUM
- SEX ! ! !
- Freak and Novelty Performer Advertising (7)
- The Unknown Performers (2)
- Showmen & Promoters (58)
- Balloons and Airships (1)
- Banners & Banner Painters (41)
- Confections, Snacks and Refreshments (10)
- Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Spirtualists (12)
- Punch & Judy, Puppets, Marionettes (10)
- Trade Publications (13)
- Funhouse, Dark Ride, Spook Show (2)
JOIN THE SHOW!
You're missing all sorts of good stuff. If you were a member, you would see thousands of color images, detailed biographies and all sorts of fascinating information about each image. Why not BECOME A MEMBER today?